Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk, Bookkeeping Assistant, Financial Assistant, Finance Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Payroll Assistant, Billing Clerk, Financial Operations Assistant, Junior Accountant
An Accounting Assistant, or Staff Accounting Assistant, is responsible for assisting Accountants with basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks. Their duties include reconciling bank records, drafting financial documents and invoicing customers or collecting payments.
- Assist Accountants and other financial professionals with creating and editing financial documents.
- Organize the bookkeeping processes of the company.
- Evaluate financial budgets and track expenses.
- Draft and report financial presentations.
- Reconcile financial books including incoming and outgoing funds.
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs
- Kỹ năng toán học
- Teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Chú ý đến chi tiết
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is often required to work as an Accounting Assistant, but many companies prefer applicants with an associate or bachelor’s degree. There are some colleges that also offer a certificate in Accounting Assistant studies. These degrees prepare candidates to manage the expected financial responsibilities of an Accounting Assistant. Because an Accounting Assistant is considered an entry-level position, it is common for current accounting students to pursue a position as one while they are studying to become an Accountant.