Academic Advisor, Academic Counselor, Admissions Counselor, Career Counselor, College Counselor, Guidance Counselor, School Adjustment Counselor, School Counselor, Student Development Advisor, Student Services Coordinator
Advise and assist students and provide educational and vocational guidance services.
- Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur at schools.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, administrators, and other professionals to discuss children's progress, resolve behavioral, academic, and other problems, and to determine priorities for students and their resource needs.
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
- Counsel students regarding educational issues, such as course and program selection, class scheduling and registration, school adjustment, truancy, study habits, and career planning.
- Analytical or scientific software — ACT WorkKeys; Career Dimensions Focus 2; Computerized testing programs; Counseling software
- Computer based training software — Common Curriculum; Moodle; Padlet; Schoology
- Data base user interface and query software — Blackboard software; Database software; Microsoft Access Hot technology ; Zoomerang
- Project management software — Google Classroom; Microsoft Project Hot technology ; Palm Pal Transana; Productivity software
- Web page creation and editing software — Facebook Hot technology ; LinkedIn Hot technology ; Orbius; Web page design and editing software